2. IODE Session Working Documents >
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title: ||Ocean Data and Information Network for European Countries in Economical Transition (ODINECET): Progress report 2005-2006|
|Authors: ||Kalenchits, Maria|
|ASFA Terms: ||Progress reports|
|Issue Date: ||2007|
|Citation: ||Nineteenth Session of the IOC Committee on International Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange (IODE-XIX)., Trieste, Italy, 12-16 March|
|Series: ||Reports of Governing and Major Subsidiary Bodies|
|Abstract: ||The official endorsement to proceed with the establishing of a European ODIN for Eastern countries was given by IODE at its XVIII meeting, following the suggestion in the 2005 GEMIM report to IODE. The project document was prepared by the Coordinating Group, presented and reviewed at the ODINECET kick-off meeting (Oostende, 25 March 2006). On
19 April 2006 a Project Proposal was prepared. In the first stages, this network focus on aquatic information management mainly, building on the already existing preconditions and networks in the ECET–region, which indicate a stronger support need for the information
The ODINECET network constitutes a capacity building strategy for Eastern and Central European participating member states linking training equipment and operational support in a regional context, product- and service-oriented and using multi-stakeholder approach.
In the project document for the establishment of ODINECET pilot project the objections are
described as follows:
- To support the networking of aquatic libraries in ECET countries;
- To support the development of national aquatic information centers and national/regional projects;
- To provide training opportunities in marine information management, applying standard formats and methodologies as defined by IODE;
- To assist with the development and dissemination of aquatic information, responding to the needs of the scientific community;
- To provide assistance to IODE in the recruitment of National Information Management Coordinators.
Dependent on budgets and resources, it is the goal to involve oceanographic data management within ODINECET at a future stage.|
|Appears in Collections:||2. IODE Session Working Documents |
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.